The Three Critical Elements for Website Redesign
Part 1: How Website Redesign Generates Real Revenue
As an asset management firm focused on raising capital through the strong relationships you have developed with investment advisors, you know that attracting and retaining the attention of potential clients is no small feat. Your website redesign project is a pivotal part of your distribution strategy, and getting it right is paramount.
You're not just launching a website but creating a powerful tool to help your firm stand out in a crowded market and attract the prospective advisors you would most like to work with. In this three-part series, we explore the process critical for a successful website redesign project and provide guidance based on the extensive experience GK3 Capital has had in working with clients like you. This first article highlights three essential elements that every redesign project should have.
Solve Customer Problems: It's About the Advisor, Not You
In a world where investment advisors are inundated with sales calls and information from various asset managers, your website should be a beacon of solutions. It's vital to shift the focus from your products and services to the needs of your potential clients. Here's how you can do it effectively:
- Create Detailed Buyer Personas: Understand your ideal advisor clients by crafting detailed buyer personas. This will help you tailor your content and offerings to their specific needs and pain points.
- Answer Their Burning Questions: Your sales team likely knows the common questions advisors ask. Use this knowledge to address these concerns on your website proactively.
- Provide Valuable Insights: The ever-evolving world of investing presents numerous challenges. Offer insights and solutions related to income generation, volatility management, portfolio construction, client communication, and improving their practice.
- Offer a Wealth of Content: Ensure your website is a treasure trove of quality information, including blog posts, newsletters, eBooks, videos, and infographics. This content should cater to advisors at different stages of their buyer’s journey.
By addressing advisors' questions and problems and positioning yourself as an educator and problem solver, you'll build trust and pique their interest in your services. A website that resonates with advisors is more likely to drive revenue.
Drive Traffic: From Deserted Storefront to Thriving Oasis
No matter how well-designed, a website is of little value if it remains hidden in the vast digital desert. To transform your site into a thriving oasis of insights and information, you must develop a comprehensive plan to drive traffic:
- Email Marketing: Craft thoughtful emails and newsletters to attract advisors to your website. The key is to use curated lists and provide concise, visually appealing emails with actionable information.
- Engaging Social Media: Share your expertise on social media platforms and include links to your website. Make your posts intriguing to entice advisors to explore further.
- Optimize for Search Engines (SEO): Implement robust SEO practices to improve your website's quality score so your firm shows up when advisors search for information online.
- Paid Media: Invest in search engine marketing (SEM)otherwise known as “pay-per-click” campaigns to bring new advisors to your website by appearing on the other side of their Google searches.
- Leverage Backlinks: Link to external websites, newsletters, and media outlets to showcase industry thought leadership. Backlinks improve your rankings because search engines view the quality and quantity of the links as authoritativeness and votes of confidence from other websites which can, in turn, drive traffic to your site.
- Direct Visits: As your website gains recognition and value, loyal advisors will remember your web address and visit your site directly.
By focusing on driving traffic, you create engagement and lead-generation opportunities. It's your chance to turn that deserted storefront into a bustling hub.
Engineer the Site for Conversions: Turn Visitors into Leads
Increasing traffic is essential, but the magic happens when you turn visitors into leads and, ultimately, clients. Your website should be a lead-generating machine. Here's how you can make it happen:
- Download Opportunities: Encourage advisors to register and download valuable content such as whitepapers, guides, eBooks, fact sheets, or commentaries.
- Subscription Channels: Invite advisors to subscribe to your newsletter, blog, research updates, or product news.
- Event Registration: Host webinars or in-person events and allow advisors to register through your website.
- Accessible Communication: Make it simple for advisors to request a call or meeting with a member of your sales team. This is a powerful conversion opportunity.
- Exclusive Access: Some advisors may want access to your professional-only due diligence portal, indicating a serious interest in investing with you.
By engineering your website for conversions and providing multiple opportunities for engagement, you can turn your website into a lead-generating powerhouse.
In the upcoming blogs in this series, "Proven Website Redesign Strategies for Asset Managers," we'll explore proven website redesign strategies tailored to the unique challenges you face as an asset manager. Stay tuned for more insights on how to create a website that not only attracts attention but also generates real revenue.
Topics: Inbound Marketing Digital Marketing Financial Services Marketing Digital Wholesaling Content is King Financial Services Business Development Growth Driven Design Sales Enablement Marketing Automation
Stay in Touch
Subscribe to our email newsletter
Posts by Tag
- Business Development
- Buyer Persona
- Buyers Journey
- Case Study
- Content is King
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Wholesaling
- Financial Services
- Financial Services Marketing
- Growth Driven Design
- Inbound Marketing
- Inbound vs. Outbound
- Internal Wholesaler
- Marketing Automation
- Sales Enablement