The ROI Challenge for Financial Services Marketing Professionals
As an experienced financial services marketing professional, you are well-acquainted with the challenges and intricacies of raising capital in this competitive, highly regulated industry. Your experience has likely led you to a position of leadership or significant influence within your organization. However, even with your expertise, the challenge of achieving a measurable return on investment remains a top priority and a constant concern.
Your Common Challenges
You recognize the industry continues to change and that your sales professionals are having increasing difficulty getting in front of their advisor prospects. The sales team looks to marketing for help in reaching an advisor audience that apparently prefers to engage with asset managers digitally. You recognize the need to up your firm’s digital game, but you don’t have the necessary skills on your team. And outsourcing your digital marketing would be a tough sell to your senior management team.
Like many marketing professionals, several of the challenges you face include:
Limited Time and Resources:
In a fast-paced industry, time is a precious commodity, and resources are often stretched thin. Finding ways to optimize your marketing efforts within these constraints is a constant challenge.
Navigating the Digital Landscape:
While you may be an expert in financial services, the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape can be daunting. Keeping up with the latest trends and technologies is essential, but it's not always easy.
As a marketing leader, you are tasked with managing the demands of various teams, including sales, all while striving to maintain your brand's credibility and reputation.
Proving the value of your marketing efforts and demonstrating their impact on the bottom line is a constant struggle, especially in the highly regulated financial services sector.
Staying current with industry trends and regulatory changes is crucial, but it can also be overwhelming in an environment that demands your full attention.
Before we discuss an outsourced solution that can overcome your challenges, it's essential to address some common misconceptions you might have encountered:
- Budget Myth: Believing that achieving success in digital marketing requires an extravagant budget and extensive resources.
- Traditional vs. Digital: Underestimating the potential of digital marketing and assuming that traditional methods are enough to drive inflows.
- Data-Driven Insights: Overlooking the importance of data-driven insights in improving decision-making.
- Vanity Metrics: Thinking that success hinges on vanity metrics rather than tangible results.
- Messaging Importance: Underestimating the importance of consistent messaging and creating strong buyer journey experiences.
You may also have some remaining concerns about outsourcing your digital marketing. That’s why you’ll want to inquire about the following important topics when interviewing potential agencies.
- Budget Constraints: Your agency should be able to work within your budget, ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Proving ROI: The agency should prove how digital marketing can tangibly impact capital raising and provide measurable ROI.
- Control and Collaboration: Your agency relationship requires close collaboration and ensures you retain control throughout the entire process.
- Smooth Transition: The agency you select should have a track record of minimizing disruptions during the transition to new inbound strategies, making the shift as seamless as possible.
- Support: Finally, expect your agency to provide extensive support throughout the learning curve, simplifying complex digital tools and approaches for your team.
- Agencies that have a proven track record of delivering on these key items are likely the firms that will make your short-list.
Overcoming Your Challenges with Inbound
Ready to take the next step in overcoming your ROI challenges?
Download our Inbound Checklist to discover how the Inbound marketing process can transform your marketing efforts, drive new sources of revenue, and provide measurable data that proves your marketing dollars are being spent efficiently and delivering results.
Topics: Inbound Marketing Digital Marketing Financial Services Marketing Digital Wholesaling Content is King Financial Services Growth Driven Design Sales Enablement Business Development Inbound vs. Outbound
Stay in Touch
Subscribe to our email newsletter
Posts by Tag
- Business Development
- Buyer Persona
- Buyers Journey
- Case Study
- Content is King
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Wholesaling
- Financial Services
- Financial Services Marketing
- Growth Driven Design
- Inbound Marketing
- Inbound vs. Outbound
- Internal Wholesaler
- Marketing Automation
- Sales Enablement